Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Ed Rush & Optical


What's happened to drum & bass, does it still exist? I don't think it does, not in the form I remember it as at least (fffffffuuuuuuuuu!). Last I remember was around 2003 and the genre seemed to be ballooning over 200bpm, favouring the bleeps of old school techno rather than liquid basslines, sharp open snares and atmospheric tension. I hear the influences of drum & bass in grime and dubstep these days, but it seems the cocaine rollers at the dawn of the millennium are now a thing of the past.

Ed Rush & Optical were the guys who got me hooked back in 1998 with their album Wormhole - it's a genre classic, deep, pulsating and absolutely delicious. So here are a few of my favourites of theirs from over the years.

Ed Rush & Optical - Reach Out

Ed Rush & Optical - Pacman (Ram Trilogy Remix)

Ed Rush & Optical - Sick Note

Ed Rush & Optical - Alien Girl

3 comments:

  1. This brings back so many good memories. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that these men are so cool, I think that it is so nice, I would like to have the same style life but they make a lot of wonderful things!22dd

    ReplyDelete