Friday, February 26, 2010

David Bowie - Memories of a Free Festival Part 1&2

Memory of a Free Festival has always been one of my favorite Bowie tracks. Released in 1970, this was Bowies attempt at the woodstock sound. His take sounds like it could have been a transmission from Mars.

I have never been a fan of this song being broken into 2 parts. Bowie and his then producer Tony Visconti split the track roughly in half, re-recording it so both halves could function as individual songs.

With the re-mastered re-release of Space Oddity I was hoping there would have been a combined version. Instead there were a number of alternate takes included, which I felt were inferior to the original.

Ultimately I decided to take things into my own hands and merge Parts 1 & 2.

Enjoy!

David Bowie - Memories of a Free Festival Parts 1&2 (LSP Exclusive)

Mercury Rev - Memories of a Free Festival

"The Sun Machine is coming down & we're gonna have a party"

No comments:

Post a Comment