Saturday, January 29, 2011

Bibio / Pilooski

It's been a while since I last "poasted" any sonic delights. So just to break the silence I've decided to post a few tracks that have been getting me through these bleak winter months. Especially the driving part.

Bibio
- Lovers’ Carvings

The opening of this piece seems to remind me of some campy 1970's National Film Board of Canada nature film. For some reason I visualize a sterile narrator waxing poetic about some boring, overpopulated Canadian varmint like a deer or an otter, toiling in its natural habitat.

Tame Impala
- Lucidity (Pilooski Remix)

A downright kick ass mix of a Tame Impala cut. Pilooski always seems draw these up right. What I enjoy about Pilooski's takes is the subtle touch he adds. Its like adding the marsh-mellows to something already quite delectable like hot chocolate.


I always seem to get a kick out of Matt & Kim video's. This one featuring their new release "Camera's" is worth a viewing if you enjoy the ole' ultra violence

No comments:

Post a Comment