Friday, October 8, 2010

Caribou - Sun

I must admit I have never been a big fan of Caribou / Manitoba (Dan Snaith) over the last few years. Only a handful of exceptional songs such as Irene have kept me checking up on him. However this last LP, Swim really sunk its teeth in me. Swim is well crafted and tighter than ever, with some real groovin' elements.

I missed seeing Caribou live on their first go around in June, but due to their intense touring schedule I had a 2nd opportunity to see them live last week. I would say 2 tracks were worth the entire set to me. The first track being Hannibal which seems to have away of hypnotizing and just drawing me in. They finished the set off with Sun which is nothing but a relentless electro assault on the senses.

Caribou - Sun

As Dan Snaith's music tightens up with each passing record, Caribou's sound appeals more and more to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment